Friday, February 5, 2010

My Early Travels


A 10 year-old boy traveled alone in a bus for about 86 kilometers. Then walked for an hour in the mountains that night without a flash light or compass. Yes, that was me and every time I watched the Spy Kids movie or adventure kid movies. It reminds me of this adventurous experience.

One summer, my parents organized a children's camp in the mountain where my father used to climb. There were around 300 children in that camp and both my two sisters and my older brother were there, too. So I was alone in our house together with my cousin.

With the loneliness of a young kid, while all of my family members were having fun in the camp, pushed and gave me a courage to go and follow them where they were having the event. So I packed up my things and I took a bus bound to the provinces wich is about 86 Kilometers from the city. I arrived in the market place at about 5:30 pm.

From there, I need to walk alone for an hour before I reached my destination. I was afraid while I was walking because it was geting dark. In my mind, I thought it was only an hour walk but because I was only 10 years old it took more than what I was thinking. So I tried to hasten my steps and sometimes I ran so I can reach the place.

At about 7 pm I was already climbing to the mountains without any flashlight or a compass but just only my instinct, courage and determinations. But, of course, with my prayers that God will guide me the way. After a while and passing by to several mountains and valleys, I was so happy that I saw two houses. So I ran just near to it thinking that they might see me and give me the right path to my destination. As I passed by, I did ask for help. They said that I was in the wrong direction. They gave me the correct path to my destination. One more mountain to cross then it will be the campsite.

With my strong determination and courage, God answered my prayers that I was able to reach my target place. How about you, do you have the same experience like mine? I am open to hear from your experienced, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment