Thursday, March 25, 2010

I’m Lost, HELP!!!

When I was in Hong Kong, one day, friend of my father invited me to visit their house and it’s an hour to be in their place. They had given me the instruction to get a train and they are going to pick me up in the train station.

As I went to the train station and waited for my train to arrive, all the instructions that was written in the station was in Chinese characters. So I was confused and I didn’t have any idea to which direction did I have to take. As soon as the train arrived, I quickly jumped in and watching the direction and destination I found out that it was an opposite place to where I am going.

By then, I decided to step down into the next stop and change another train. At first, I was ashamed to ask to anybody regarding the direction of the place where I was supposed to go. So you can just imagine from Hong Kong to New Territory, I changed train four times. I was embarrassed and ashamed to myself when I shared these to my host who waited for a longer period of time because of that long journey.

So when you travel alone, don’t be ashamed to ask for direction or make sure you have a map with you. That was my big lesson that I learned.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment