Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Daring Travel to the Mountains

One day, I brought a youth group to the mountains on a paved road. Aside from that, it's also a bumpy one. The vehicle that I drove was an 18-passenger type. Aside from the passengers, we also brought our sound system equipments and musical instruments. 

When we were near to our destination, which was on the top of the mountain, the road was going uphill and zigzagging. I did shift to first gear while we were climbing. At first I felt nervous while I drove the car but my instinct to do a daring and courageous act, which made me to move on to my destination.  

At about 100 meters away from the top of the mountain was the hardest part of the road, with 60 degrees uphill and with two 180 degrees curve before reaching to the top of the mountain. Upon reaching the top, everyone made a deep sigh of relief. Unknown to me, all of us were very nervous.

All of the village people were surprised that a full packed vehicle were able to climb to the top of the mountain. For them, it’s their first time to see a driver like me who have the strong courage and determination.

No comments:

Post a Comment